Saturday, March 28, 2009

Flooding in Cando, North Dakota

I just came back from a trip a little worried that Cando would be flooded and my house well be floating away. The news has been covered with news of Fargo, Bismark, and other eastern portions of North Dakota flooding. My prayers go out to the familys and the crews working the floods.

I landed in Grand Forks, the weather was pretty bad and everyone was wondering if their flood protection they installed after the last great flood would be put to the test. Many of the eastern bridges were closed but I was able to make it out as I was headed west back to Cando.

I didn't see any signs of flooding on the drive back to Cando and hope I don't have to experience a flood during my first year of being in Cando. First a rough winter, then flooding..... I am hoping not, but it sure would be a different experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment