Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Air Raid Sirens in Cando?!

When I first arrived in Cando I was startled by the air raid sirens that went off. I remember my first time like it was yesterday. I was sitting in the living room watching television and suddenly the air raid siren goes off. The only experience and what I know of air raid sirens is from the movies at the atomic bomb museum in Las Vegas and World War II movies. I immediately went underneath the table and waited for the bombing to start.

No Im not writing you this from a bunker, the bombing never happened, or atleast not yet. The air raid siren goes off throughout the day during certain hours. 6pm and 10pm come to mind. I think it's time the town invests in some church bells to go off. Way friendlier and more modern.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what caused it but at 6:30am the sirens in Cando went off for approximately 3-5 minutes, very eerie.

    ReplyDelete