Saturday, March 13, 2010

Traveling to Cando

You have two choices for airports that are about equal distances.

- Minot, Nd
- Grand Forks, Nd

Depending on where you are flying in from really determines which airport you choose. Personally I prefer Grand Forks, Nd when I fly in and out of Las Vegas, Nv because allegiantair services non-stop service from this location. Keep in mind that smaller towns/airlines don't fly all the time, generally allegiantair flys two days a week in and out of grand forks to las vegas. Once you land it is about a 90 mile drive to Cando, so plan on two hours depending on your speed.

If you are up for a scenic trip I would suggest driving (not during winter), coming through Montana and Wyoming are just some of the most perfect scenery. Amtrak is also a solution that is relaxing. I took Amtrak from Wisconsin to ND and had such a scenic trip. I paid a few dollars extra to get my own room and plugged in my laptop and worked while watching the world pass by.

Tip for Amtrak to Cando, it arrives super early, or late however you may see it so have someone waiting for you or your car ready. I believe it drops off around Devils Lake and is an unmanned station at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment